Queen Cell Cups, Brown
Brown Queen Cell Cups
Use these queen cell cups with the Nicot method of rearing queen bees.
They are made to be installed in a queen rearing cassette, where the queen will lay eggs into them. These cell cups are reusable, provided you allow your worker bees to clean them for 24 hours before allowing the queen to access them.
How to Use the "Nicot method":
- Place brown cell cups into a queen rearing cassette (sold separately)
- Place cassette into a frame in a queenless hive with strong population
- Place queen inside the cassette
- Expect the queen to lay eggs into the cell cups
- No grafting of eggs should be necessary
- Once brown cell cups are filled, you may release the queen
- Note the timeline for queen egg and larvae development
- Expect a new set of queens once the larvae develops to the precise age for queen rearing.
The Nicot queen rearing cassette - other components of this method including bees and queen bee are sold separately.