Mason Bee Tool - Sieve
Mason Bee Steel Sieve for cleaning and separating Mason Bee Cocoons.
Use this strainer to hold cocoons during rinsing and cleaning process in preparation for storage and safe-keeping.
How to use:
- Soak cocoons in a pail of water to remove majority of mud
- This may take an hour or two
- Place cocoons into sieve, and run cocoons under cold running water while continuously rolling
- Final rinse for a couple minutes with a cap of bleach in a large bowl of cold water to remove any fungal spores
- Air dry for several hours on paper towels and store over the winter in fridge
- During Spring, set box near nesting tunnels. Bees should emerge when outside temperatures rise.
Cocoons not included