Class: Mason Bee Program for Schools & Community Gardens
Learn all about Mason Bees, and how you can support your garden along with the bees by setting up a Mason Bee friendly environment!
Book us for our school & community garden program, and we'll come spend the afternoon with a group, teaching Mason Bee basics, and (optionally) helping get your property set up with everything you need to attract and keep Mason Bees.
These stingless bees are great for garden pollination, are fascinating to watch, and most importantly are native to British Columbia! Keeping Mason Bees helps support the local natural environment, so we always encourage those with the needed resources to try housing Mason Bees, even if they already keep honeybees.
More about this program:
- $150 deposit covers basic 2-hour session, and includes transport of all education materials along with any product requests to your location.
- $75 for each additional hour, if more time is required. (can be invoiced later)
- Workshop time can be spent flexibly -- can be a 2-hour talk, or time can be spent out in the garden setting things up, etc.
- We can provide Mason Bee houses, cocoons, and other Mason Bee products on-site as well -- additional charges will apply
- Group size is flexible -- we can manage fairly large groups, within reason, or the program can be taught to a smaller group of 3 or 4.
- Program is generally meant for ages 8 and up, as it involves some basic understanding of bee biology.
- Not limited to schools and community gardens -- these on-site workshops are also great for birthday parties, strata meetings, or even just groups of friends who all have an interest in bees!
When placing a deposit for this program, please make sure to include contact info so that we can reach out to you to correspond on times and dates.
Please call if you have any questions, or if you would prefer to set something up over the phone! We're at 236-888-1484.
**Note that cancellations less than 48 hours prior to booked date cannot be refunded.