Varroa Mite Counter - Double Jar
The double-ended jar is a convenient Varroa Mite Counter and a reliable, professional way to test your hives for varroa mite levels. It works well with either the powdered sugar method or the alcohol wash method.
Made of two containers joined by a screened lid, the screen keeps the bees on one side and the varroa mites on the other. Through accurately measuring the level of infestation you have in your hive, you can then decide which treatments will give your hive the best chance of recovery.
How to Use:
- Place a half cup of alcohol in one of the jars
- Add a half cup of bees to the other jar
- Quickly screw the jars back together, and shake the bees vigorously for 60-90 seconds
- Turn the jar upside down so that all of the alcohol drains into the bottom jar
- Count the mites and divide the total by three. This approximates the percentage of mites in your hive.
10.5" x 3.5" x 3.5"
This Product may not appear exactly as shown.