Thymovar is a thymol based, varroa treatment with well-researched efficacy against varroa mites in beehives.
Two applications of a single wafer per brood chamber are required in 3-4 week intervals. Best for treatment in the late summer to early autumn period. It is not recommended to use where comb honey is to be collected.
Easy and safe to use also for swarms and smaller hives.
How to use:
- Remove honey frames for harvest and provide the bees with enough food for the treatment duration of 4 weeks
- THYMOVAR strips will be cut or broken in two pieces for easy placement
- Best results are seen at temperatures of 20-25 degrees Celsius
- Lay strips on top of brood frames and leave 1-2 cm space over the strips to allow good evaporation of the active thymol
- Remove the strips after 3-4 weeks
- Wait for at least one week for replenishing of the food before starting a second treatment