Mason Bee Sieve
Mason Bee Steel Sieve for cleaning and separating Mason Bee Cocoons.
Use this strainer to hold cocoons during rinsing and cleaning process in preparation for storage and safe-keeping.
How to use:
- Soak cocoons in a pail of water to remove majority of mud
- This may take an hour or two
- Place cocoons into sieve, and run cocoons under cold running water while continuously rolling
- Final rinse for a couple minutes with a cap of bleach in a large bowl of cold water to remove any fungal spores
- Air dry for several hours on paper towels and store over the winter in fridge
- During Spring, set box near nesting tunnels. Bees should emerge when outside temperatures rise.
Cocoons not included